February 22, 2011 01:01 PM Eastern Time
State-Of-The-Art Technologies Gain Strong Professional Recognition at the American Academy of Dermatology 2011 Meeting
PRINCETON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NeoStrata Company, Inc. announced the introduction of a new line of four powerful anti-aging skincare products at the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) meeting recently held in New Orleans, Louisiana. NeoStrata® SKIN ACTIVE is an advanced, comprehensive antiaging regimen that targets all the visible signs of aging with elite science and precisely blended state-of-the-art technologies. This elegant quartet of highly-effective cosmeceuticals is designed to lift, firm, plump and restore skin tone for a noticeably younger and healthier complexion.
"Since the effects of intrinsic aging and photodamage on skin are multi-factorial, no single ingredient can address them all".
Slated to arrive in dermatologist offices starting April 1, 2011, SKIN ACTIVE garnered enthusiastic professional response at the AAD convention for its elite science, professional results and elegant formulations. Renowned cosmetic dermatologists also recognized the line's impressive, multi-functional age-defying benefits derived from NeoStrata's clinically proven skincare technologies combined with today's most advanced benefit ingredients.
"Since the effects of intrinsic aging and photodamage on skin are multi-factorial, no single ingredient can address them all," said Dr. Patricia Farris, a leading dermatologist in New Orleans who is the clinical monitor for NeoStrata's SKIN ACTIVE patient study. "With SKIN ACTIVE, we are seeing a striking improvement in the appearance of the deeper wrinkles as well as the fine lines because we are building up the dermal matrix, which provides elasticity, strength and support to skin. I am certain dermatologists will be excited to offer their patients this simple yet highly effective skin care regimen that can address multiple signs of aging."
The NeoStrata SKIN ACTIVE system is made up of four high-performance products, each formulated to deliver outstanding rejuvenating effects, including significant improvement in the appearance of deep wrinkles, crow's feet, sagging and uneven pigmentation. When used as a daily regimen, complementary mechanisms of action work synergistically in all skin layers to achieve even greater results.
According to Barbara Green, R.Ph., Vice-President of Clinical Affairs at NeoStrata, unlike other skin creams that rely on one approach or key active, SKIN ACTIVE contains many novel ingredients like Maltobionic acid, NeoGlucosamine, and Swiss apple stem cell extract that work together to stimulate cell renewal, even pigmentation, boost collagen and protect against oxidative damage.
In a recent interview on WWL-TV New Orleans "Wrinkle Free Friday" report, Ms. Green explained: "What makes this line different is the thoughtful selection and precise blending of multiple potent cosmetic active ingredients all in one system. Some are long proven, such as retinol, peptides, sun screen potent antioxidants like chardonnay grape seed extract; while others are the newest, highly efficacious anti-aging ingredients exclusively combined in SKIN ACTIVE."
1. Exfoliating Wash: Cleanses without irritation; formulated to stimulate cell renewal; lightly exfoliates without over drying to prepare skin for optimal treatment benefits.
2. Matrix Support SPF 20: Formulated to repair the matrix support structure, increase cell turnover and reduce the appearance of uneven pigment for firmer, smoother, more luminous skin. Includes three clinically proven technologies, each with a unique action, for greater skin repair and strengthening, along with a potent antioxidant complex to help protect against further damage to the skin matrix.
3. Cellular Restoration: Designed to synergistically restore skin's essential cells, rebuild the deep skin matrix and reduce oxidative damage for skin that is firmer, more lifted and vibrant. Employs a multi-mechanistic approach to rejuvenating cellular function and strengthening skin's underlying structure.
4. Intensive Eye Therapy: Builds and plumps the layers of delicate skin around the eye. The eye area appears more lifted and luminous, and crow's feet are smoothed from the inside out. Caffeine helps deflate puffiness, while hyaluronic acid acts as a natural moisture magnet.
Scientific Evidence and Clinical Proof Points
Developmental studies for NeoStrata SKIN ACTIVE show high efficacy, good tolerability and remarkable results. In Consumer Use Testing, users of the full regimen reported noticeable benefits beginning as early as 1 month and continuing through 3 and 6 months of use.
- 93% observed smoother skin texture, more even skin tone, and less noticeable lines/wrinkles with regimen use
- 86% reported smaller pore size and more lifted skin appearance
- 93% preferred the SKIN ACTIVE regimen to their usual regimen
NeoStrata is also sponsoring a double-blind, vehicle controlled anti-aging study that is currently underway at a leading clinical research institution under the guidance of Dr. Farris. The SKIN ACTIVE study includes two groups of women age 40-65 years with mild to moderate facial photodamage. It will have a 16-week duration; a subset will continue to 6+ months.
For press inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.