Core Technology Platforms
ALPHA HYDROXY ACIDS
AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) work on all skin layers to increase cell turnover for reduced appearance of pore size and enhanced skin clarity and texture. AHAs help decrease melanin clumping and the appearance of dark spots, leaving skin with a more even, brighter tone. AHAs help volumize the skin to smooth wrinkles from the inside out.
Glycolic Acid, a natural constituent of sugar cane, exfoliates the skin by enhancing cell turnover, evens the distribution of pigmentation, refines the appearance of pore size and helps smooth the look of fine lines and wrinkles. NeoStrata products formulated with Glycolic Acid deliver optimal effectiveness at an ideal pH and concentration. Amphoteric formulations are designed to minimize redness and irritation potential.
Glycolic Acid Key Benefits:
Highly Effective Exfoliation
- Increases cell turnover and optimizes keratinization
Published Antiaging Effects
- Increases skin thickness
- Improves the quality of elastin fibers
- Enhances skin firmness and elasticity, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Increases glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) to build volume and plump skin, smoothing wrinkles from the inside out
- Decreases melanin clumping to improve skin clarity
Citric Acid, found naturally in citrus fruits, is a powerful Alpha/Beta Hydroxy Acid, often used to target specific skin concerns, that has preventative antioxidant and corrective antiaging effects, helping to reverse signs of photodamage.
Mandelic Acid, found naturally in almonds, is a lipophilic Alpha Hydroxy Acid, meaning it is readily absorbed by oily skin, making its antiaging properties particularly effective in this skin type. Mandelic Acid is reported to have natural antibacterial benefits and reduces oiliness over time without over-drying skin.
PHAs (Polyhydroxy Acids) offer powerful antiaging benefits without irritation. These acids strengthen skin's protective barrier, reducing redness and making skin less vulnerable to irritants. PHAs are natural humectants as well as highly stable and powerful antioxidants able to keep dry skin hydrated and help fight the signs of photoaging.
Polyhydroxy and Bionic Acids: Powerful Antiaging Without Irritation
- Full strength antiaging benefits equivalent to Alpha Hydroxy Acids
- Ideal for all skin types
- Strengthen skin barrier
- Powerful antioxidant and antiglycation properties
- Enhanced moisturization properties
Evolution of Hydroxy Acid Skincare
- 1st Generation: AHAs (Glycolic Acid, Citric Acid)
- 2nd Generation: PHAs (Gluconolactone)
- 3rd Generation: Bionic PHAs (Lactobionic Acid, Maltobionic Acid)
- Gluconolactone - Polyhydroxy Acid (PHA) from glucose in corn
- Lactobionic Acid - Bionic Acid (BA) from milk sugar
- Maltobionic Acid - Bionic Acid derived from glucose in corn
Gluconolactone, a PHA found naturally in the skin, provides full-strength antiaging benefits without irritation, even for patients with rosacea, clinically sensitive skin, or have recently undergone cosmetic procedures. Gluconolactone strengthens skin's barrier function, reducing sensitivity to irritants and skin redness over time. It helps preserve skin's collagen by reducing glycation. Gluconolactone does not increase the potential for sun sensitivity.
Lactobionic Acid and Maltobionic Acid
Lactobionic Acid and Maltobionic Acid, patented, non-irritating 'Bionic' PHAs derived from natural sugars, help prevent and reverse the appearance of photoaging, including lines and wrinkles, uneven pigmentation, enlarged pores, and roughness. The Bionic Acids promote firmness by inhibiting the MMP enzyme responsible for degradation of collagen and consequent wrinkling and skin laxity. Natural humectants, they bind water to create a moisturizing barrier on skin. Lactobionic Acid is also a potent antioxidant used to prevent oxidative damage to transplant organs.
The latest in NeoStrata breakthrough technologies are a patented Amino Acid compound and a patented Non-Acid Amino sugar. Both of these state-of-the-art technologies work to build skin's natural volume and visibly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Aminofil® is a revolutionary, patented amino acid derivative discovered by NeoStrata that builds skin's natural volume and visibly reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles, such as scowl lines, furrows, crow's feet, and smile lines, while providing an all-over antiaging effect resulting from UV-induced photodamage and repetitive facial expressions.
Aminofil is a novel Amino Acid (tyrosine) derivative
- Fast volume-building effect in skin's matrix
- Used to target deeper lines, folds
- Patented amino sugar technology
- Histology shows positive matrix building effects
- Increased glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) such as Hyaluronic
- Pro-collagen development in fibroblast cells
NeoGlucosamine® is a patented Non-Acid Amino sugar technology that gently exfoliates the skin to promote cellular turnover, diminishes fine lines and wrinkles, and exfoliates hyperpigmented spots and acne for a more even skin tone. NeoGlucosamine® is also a building block of Hyaluronic Acid, skin's natural filler, providing superior plumping of the skin, smoothing the appearance of lines and wrinkles from the inside and creating a firmer, more lifted look.
NeoGlucosamine® Provides a Pigment Evening Effect
- NeoGlucosamine® inhibits tyrosinase, the key enzyme in the production of melanin
- NeoGlucosamine® enhances cell turnover to exfoliate existing pigmented spots
- 8% NeoGlucosamine® applied twice daily improved visually-graded mottled pigmentation an average of 33% in 12 weeks, n=37.
- Shop Products
- Skin Concerns
- Our Science
- Role of the Physician
- Office Treatments
- Outside the US